Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) told us food benefits.
1. Barley - الشعير - Good in fever, while use in a soup form.
2. Dates - تمر - The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that a house without dates has no food. Dates should also be eaten at the time of childbirth.
3. Figs - تين - A fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.
4. Grapes - عنب - The Prophet (peace be upon him) was very fond of grapes, they purify the blood, provides vigor and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.
5. Honey - عسل - Considered the best remedy for diarrhea when mixed in hot water. Honey is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, and eliminating phlegm.
Honey is also used as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye soother and mouthwash. Honey is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water.
6. Melon - شمام - The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
'None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring that is good in countenance.'
7. Milk - حليب - The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow.
Milk strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.
8. Mushroom - فطر - The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes and also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.
9. Olive Oil - زيت الزيتون - Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach.
10. Pomegranate - رمان - The Prophet (peace be upon him) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.
11. Vinegar - خل - A food Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to eat with olive oil.
12. Water - ماء - The Prophet (peace be upon him) said the best drink in this world is water, when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver. (Tibb Al-Nabawi)